Friday, September 14, 2012

Marly's A-Bio



Marly's BIO*

     My life began on September 11, 1986 in Medellin, Colombia. From what I remember, my early years were peaceful and happily spent with my family and close friends. When I was three, my family moved to Florida in search of a better life and a higher degree of economic stability. My dad was the first to come to America and my mother and I followed two long years after. You can imagine how wonderful a reunion it was to have my mom, my dad, and myself all back under one roof again.

     I mention the above to convey how influential my family's immigration has been to the shaping of my life. I feel very fortunate to now live in the United States while also having my extended Colombian family nearby. This has provided me an amazing opportunity to grow up in a bi-cultural environment.    

     Now that my family is firmly rooted in the United States, we have the opportunity to take advantage of the liberties afforded to the citizens of this country. My dad obtained his full citizenship and my mother and I have Green Cards. Although a Green Card might not sound like freedom, to me it really is. One of my greatest passions in life is travel and had I never left Colombia, I would not at this moment have the chance to travel. Over the next few years I plan to take full advantage of this freedom. As you can see, I included a picture of the Eiffel Tower - a symbol of one of my favorite cities in the world.



6672156239_914f9a9ec3.jpg
Photo credit to Moyan Brenn on Flickr







1 comment:

  1. You have already had an amazing journey - one that many cannot fathom! I know that will open up many more doors for you in the future.

    [Note - your Flick link didn't go to the photo page on Flickr - let's fix that! :)]

    ReplyDelete